12 March 2009

For Love of the Game

The modifying game that is.

The last two weeks have been the most frustrating time of my life where ownership of the S15 is concerned. In short, the tuning and wiring were screwed, resulting in the S15 breaking down 4 times in a row and I had to have it towed 3 times, including once on the highway at midnight...

Sometimes I really wonder whether driving a modified Japanese performance car is worth all the hassles - the pathetic fuel consumption, the erratic unreliability (I mentioned half in jest to my girlfriend at times that my theme song should be Coldplay's "Fix You"), the endless attention from traffic cops......

Goddamn it, my S15 couldn't even make it for the Silvia Club Singapore shoot which I organized last Sunday.

Finally, I got everything fixed by ST Powered - new ECU harness wiring, properly set-up earth wiring in the engine bay, new NGK spark plugs, Splitfire coilpacks and a fresh tune by Furukawa (more on his renowned tuning in a later post).

When I finally fired her up, blipping the throttle a few times for good measure and felt the roar of the HKS exhaust reverberate throughout the cabin, my doubts went away.

When I heel-and-toe and power through the corners with a sh*t-eating grin on my face, I consider myself blessed to enjoy the thrill of a turbo-charged, well-sorted, gorgeous-looking, rear wheel drive sports coupe.

They just don't make 'em like they used to anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nowadays, I think that drive our SIlvias is a luxury cause we enjoy a car without electronic helps.
It is just the car, me and my heel_and_toe play ;)
Enjoy your S15.

Anonymous said...

You should get a pokemon'ed swift poke :P

Post a Comment